Here are some simple tips to follow if you happen to face one or more of these Dental Emergencies.
Knocked out tooth:
- Immediately call the dentist.
- Take the tooth with you.
- Rinse the tooth gently while holding it by the crown (not the root).
- Do not scrub the tooth.
- Put the tooth in a cup of milk to transport to the dentist. Or, if you can, insert and hold the tooth in the socket in your mouth to keep it moist.
- Rinse mouth with warm water.
- Use ibuprofen (not aspirin) for pain if necessary.
- Use an ice pack or cold compress to keep down swelling.
- Immediately go to the dentist to determine treatment.
Gums or tissues are injured:
- Tears, puncture wounds, cuts in the tongue, lips, or check should be cleaned right away with warm water.
- Go to the emergency room right away for care.
Bitten tongue or lip:
- Clean gently with cloth.
- Apply cold compress to reduce swelling.
- If bleeding does not stop, go to emergency room for care.
Dental Emergencies can happen to anyone, if you need help call our emergency line immediately at (734) 634-4077